Established in Ireland for the past 25 years, the Center for Independent Living (CIL) is a grassroots user led national organisation for people with disabilities with the main goal of ensuring that people with disabilities achieve independent living, choice and control over their own lives. CIL strives to ensure that people with disabilities enjoy full participation in society in equality with their non-disabled peers. It does so through developing and promoting a social model of disability and service delivery and works to ensure that policy decisions and services together with supports are developed with the input of people with disabilities.
Based in Dublin the successful candidate will report to and work closely with the Board of Directors.
The Chief Executive Officer will have the overall responsibility for the development, implementation and continual review of the organisation’s operational strategy while leading the delivery of services in full compliance with all legal and statutory framework and in line with the strategic plan. As the company is going through a period of significant change, the CEO will be responsible for implementing and managing these changes while ensuring service levels are maintained.
The remit of Chief Executive is broad with respect to the day to day activities.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Ensure that CIL has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and towards which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Ensure that the Board is regularly and fully updated on all relevant matters.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the Service Level Agreement with the Health Service Executive is performed.
- Ensuring that reporting requirements of the Charities Regulator, the Companies Act, The Lobbying Act and other relevant obligations are met.
- Support the Board in fulfilling its corporate responsibilities.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organisational and financial plans with the Board and Staff, and carry out the plans and objectives set by the Board.
- Maintain official records and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of developments and trends in the Disability Sector.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment and effective management of staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance appraisals are held, and that sound human resource policies are in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education.
- Maintain a climate which keeps, attracts and motivates staff.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Ensure that financial accounts are prepared in a timely manner and that financial reports are given regularly to the Board.
- Prepare annual financial budget and sub-budgets.
- Actively seek out and secure relevant funding streams.
- Continually promote the ethos and philosophy of independent living.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication, managerial and leadership skills
- A community development background
- A strong operational background
- Served on national and state committees
- Experience in change management
- Experience of working with a Board of Management
- A thorough knowledge of legislation, policies, practice and services relevant to people with disabilities in Ireland
- Experience of working in partnership with individuals and organisations across the community and voluntary sector
- Good knowledge of the Irish political and legal system as well as the policy environment
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Strong advocacy and communication skills
- Ability to travel as part of the post.
Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 16th June 2017.
Salary range 60K -65K commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
The Center for Independent Living is an equal opportunities employer.